Original pattern by: Paulo of Paperized Crafts
Custom model by: kuzzzma
Difficulty / Сложность: ★★☆☆☆ (2/5)
Paper / Бумага: 120gsm or higher, I prefer 160gsm
Time / Время: 1 hour / час
Notes: I’ve modified original Paperized pattern for more streamlined assembly – rearranged some flaps, added extra body piece – as a “body gap” in original always bugged me. Also hands construction was changed a bit (for same reason).
In following days (and months) I’ll post following paper toys of characters of Star Wars franchise.
- Director Orson Krennic
- Galen Erso
- Grand Moff Tarkin
- Grand Admiral Thrawn
- Gilad Pellaeon
- Eli Vanto
- Luke Skywalker
- Princess Leia Organa
- Han Solo
- Emperor Palpatine
- Darth Vader
- General Hux
- Kylo Ren
- Emperor!Hux (12.05.2021)
- Kylo Amidala (14.05.2021)
- Captain Phasma (15.05.2021)
A bit later:
- First Order Stormtroopers (17.05.2021)
- First Order Stormtroopers: FN-2187 “Finn” & FN-2003 “Slip” (19.05.2021)
- Lando Calrissian
- Darth Maul
- Poe Dameron
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Padme Amidala
- Anakin Skywalker
- Jyn Erso
- Cassian Andor
- Chirrut Îmwe
- Baze Malbus
- Droids: K-2SO, R2-D2, C3P0
Most of the figures are assembled in the same fashion – once you’ve build one, others won’t be a problem.
- Print your model, usually it takes only 1 or 2 pages of A4 paper (can be printed on legal paper too with some scaling). I prefer paper with thickness of 120gsm, but regular office paper works too (for the info – it’s 80gsm thickness).
- I recommend scoring future fold lines on the uncut page (indicated on pic above) with pointed but blunt instrument (empty pen, knitting needle…)
- Then cut all the details.
- Assemble head, put it aside.
- Glue front piece of hair to it’s back part. Back part is made larger intentionally, to allow some margin of error here. Cut excess paper. Put aside.
- Assemble main body.
- There is an “extra body piece” that goes to close the gap between legs – it can be challenging it glue in (I use pincers to hold it in place), but it can be skipped and your figure will still look great.
- Assemble both hands, put them aside.
- Assemble any caps, helmets or coats and other accessories.
- Assemble figure stand.
- Time to put it all together. Recommended order:
- Glue body to figure stand.
- Put any accessories on the body (coats, capes, etc)
- Glue in hands (if there is a cape, you may switch these steps around. Good position for hands – 0,5cm (0.2 inch) from the neck on the sides of the body.
- Glue in head.
- Glue in front piece of hair to the head. It’s designed to stand out at he top over the main head piece. Put glue only on the top edges of the face plate.
- Put on removable caps or helmets.
- All done!