Custom model by: kuzzzma
Difficulty / Сложность: ★★☆☆☆ (2/5)
Paper / Бумага: 120gsm or higher
Time / Время: 1 hour / час
Links: A03 | Tumblr post link | Twitter post link
DON’T REPOST PDF, please link with preview only!
Alternative version of Hannibal Lecter papertoy – as played by Mads Mikkelsen in Hannibal TV show. This one is in a grey suit with red tie and pocket square.
Will Graham will be available on June 26, 2021.
Hannibal Lecter (grey suit version) paper toy
If you build it – send me a photo (put link in comment or tag me at twitter (@kuzzzma)!
- Print your model, usually it takes only 1 or 2 pages of A4 paper (can be printed on legal paper too with some scaling). I prefer paper with thickness of 120gsm, but regular office paper works too (for the info – it’s 80gsm thickness).
- Get a good glue. Usually PVA glue is recommended for papercraft, but in some parts of the world getting a decent PVA glue is unexpectedly tricky – a normal liquid clear glue is fine too. Glue in a stick won’t work though – details of paper toys are too small to use it. I prefer to apply glue with wooden toothpicks.
- I recommend scoring future fold lines on the uncut page (indicated on how-to pic) with pointed but blunt instrument (empty pen, knitting needle…)
- Then cut all the details, as some details are small – you may have to use smaller scissors.
- Fold all pieces.
- Assemble head, put it aside.
- Glue front piece of hair to it’s back part. Back part is made larger intentionally, to allow some margin of error here. Cut excess paper. Put aside.
- Assemble main body.
- There is an “extra body piece” that goes to close the gap between legs – it can be challenging it glue in (I use pincers to hold it in place), but it can be skipped and your figure will still look great.
- Assemble hands, put them aside.
- Assemble figure stand.
- Time to put it all together. Recommended order:
- Glue body to figure stand.
- Glue in hands to the body. Good position for hands – 0,5cm (0.2 inch) from the neck on the sides of the body.
- Glue in head.
- Glue in front piece of hair to the head. It’s designed to stand out at the top over the main head piece. Put glue only on the top edges of the face plate (zone indicated in blue on how-to pic).
- All done!