Custom model by: kuzzzma
Difficulty / Сложность: ★★☆☆☆ (2/5)
Paper / Бумага: 120gsm or higher
Time / Время: 1 hour / час
Links: A03 | Tumblr post link | Twitter post link
DON’T REPOST PDF, please link with preview only!
Content you never thought you’d want – kawaii Wendigo…
Wendigo (Stag Man) paper toy
More photos of my build – in the Hannibal papertoys photo album
If you build it – send me a photo (put link in comment or tag me on twitter (@kuzzzma)!
- Print your model, usually it takes only 1 or 2 pages of A4 paper (can be printed on legal paper too with some scaling). I prefer paper with thickness of 120gsm, but regular office paper works too (for the info – it’s 80gsm thickness).
- Get a good glue. Usually PVA glue is recommended for papercraft, but in some parts of the world getting a decent PVA glue is unexpectedly tricky – a normal liquid clear glue is fine too. Glue in a stick won’t work though – details of paper toys are too small to use it. I prefer to apply glue with wooden toothpicks.
- I recommend scoring future fold lines on the uncut page (indicated on how-to pic) with pointed but blunt instrument (empty pen, knitting needle…)
- Then cut all the details, as some details are small – you may have to use smaller scissors.
- Fold all pieces.
- Assemble head, put it aside.
- Glue front piece of face and horns hair to it’s back part. Back part is made larger intentionally, to allow some margin of error here. Cut excess paper. Put aside.
- Assemble main body.
- There is an “extra body piece” that goes to close the gap between legs – it can be challenging it glue in (I use pincers to hold it in place), but it can be skipped and your figure will still look great.
- Assemble hands, put them aside.
- Assemble figure stand.
- Time to put it all together. Recommended order:
- Glue body to figure stand.
- Attach coat to top of the body.
- Glue in hands to the coat. Good position for hands – 0,5cm (0.2 inch) from the neck on the sides of the body.
- Glue in head.
- Glue in face to the head.
- All done!