A classic Columns UI config updated and enhanced for the latest foobar2000 versions.
Original release – by Kian Andersen a.k.a. Neksus
Mod – by kuzzzma, published with permission from original author.
Discussion & feedback
! Bold indicates additions by me.
- Various artists
- Single Track
- %DISC% (if %disc% then it will write (Disc #))
- Playback Statistics
- Enhanced Playback Statistics
- Soft Playlists plugin
Configuration part in the Columns UI/Playlist View/Globals/Variables where you can:
- Choose rating character (default: |)
- All Lowercase or First letter Uppercase in ext column (lowercase by default)
- Switch on/off $caps2() on the title column (off by default)
- Singletrack if no album tag (on by default)
- Singletrack if no replaygain_album info (off by default)
- Singletrack if Directory Name is only ARTIST (on by default)
- Set Single file indicator of your choice
- Align Artist (Singletracks) (Right by default)
- Show album information on singletracks (off by default)
- Various if ALBUM ARTIST present (on by default)
- Set Various if directoryname is only album (off by default)
- Set Various Artist indicator of your choice
- Choose a color scheme (reworked, more settings, see further down about choices) (32 original ones + 16 by kuzzzma)
- Option to choose stripes or solid color for tracklist of albums (stripes by default)
- Switch on/off showing album_replaygain info (on by default)
- Show ReplyGain info in title column (off by default)
- 2 styles of indicating ReplayGain info (slick by default)
- ReplayGain colors (variables renamed)
Configuration part in the Columns UI/Playlist View/Globals/Style additions:
- Default background changed to striped version, solid color for tracklist of full albums is now an option
- Added style for NG Playlist Grouping (Enable at Columns UI/Playlist View/Grouping)(
Config Part in the Statusbar where you can setup colors and progress bar symbols and it’s length.
Columns and Logic
Columns are avaiable in 2 sets, completely reworked from original.
First set deals with basic mixed playlists: single tracks, full albums, Various Artists albums.
Columns in this set are HIDDEN for playlists with following in names: *#*;*MISSING;Classical;lfm*;-s-;
Default grouping by folder works great and is enabled for all playlist except Classical.
- Playlistnumber (with dimmned zeros)
- Artist+Album: for albums combines Artist & Genre on track 1, Album & Date at track 2
- Title with animated now-playing marker – supports grouping with solid color if part of album (or stripes)
- Length (running time / total length) – supports grouping with solid color if part of album (or stripes)
All Music autoplaylist and VA playlists
All Music and Various Artists playlists have separate Artist, Album, Date, Genre columns enabled.
- Title with animated now-playing marker
- Length (running time / total length)
- LR – checks for Lyrics in tags (Lyrics and Unsynced Lyrics) (disabled for Classical;*OST*;*Soundtrack*;)
- RG – checks for ReplayGain in tags
- * – Rating
- ♪ – Number of plays on Last.fm (needs Enhanced Playback Statistics)
- ||||| – Bar based on number of plays on Last.fm (needs Enhanced Playback Statistics), number of bars and ranges can be easily modified depending on your needs.
- BPM – Checks for Beats per Minute tag in files, enabled for Electronic playlist
- Encoding (codec name / rate)
- .extension column (disabled)
- Play Counter (disabled)
- Filename (disabled)
- Path (disabled)
Single tracks playlists
Set of columns enabled for SINGLE TRACKS playlists, can be used for Search results, Random collections etc
Enabled for playlists with following in names: *#*;*MISSING;Classical;lfm*;-s-;
Same set of columns, the major difference is usage of special style, that hides unwanted design lines for more uniform look.
NB! These playlist must have Playlist Grouping disabled for them!
More screenshots and my notes on usage are avaiable HERE (description in Russian at the moment, English will be avaiable later).
Original Themes: 0-31
Original themes were left unchanged visually, but code was updated to reflect my additions in variables.
Most of original themes are light & neutral, so I’ve decided to make some fun ones…
Enhanced grouping or Stripes in playlist
In Columns_ui settings/Playlist View/Globals/Variables you can select this option:
//1 = Solid color for grouped albums tracklist, 0 = Stripes
How it looks:
ReplayGain theme options
Next there are some ReplayGain display options, first 2 are self-explanatory.
ReplayGain display: Slick or TA
// Use Slick ReplayGain or T and A
// 0 = T and A, 1 = Slick
Slick system: shows √ if info is present and × if info is missing.
T and A – Track and Album Gain PRESENT will be shown by corresponding letters, missing info will be shown by ×.
NB! Since I use Slick system and don’t rely on color – I’ve changed behaviour of TA version to display × when info is missing.
If you would prefer to code missing info by color AND by letter, you can change Display Script for RG columns to following code and specify colors in the next optoin as needed:
ReplayGain display: Colors
// ReplayGain colors
Variable names were changed to help with theming.
RGyes – ReplayGain PRESENT
RGyessel – ReplayGain PRESENT, track is SELECTED in playlist
RGno – ReplayGain MISSING
RGnosel – ReplayGain MISSING, track is SELECTED in playlist
More detailed description of layout and plugins with lots of screenshots avaiable HERE